Find out how you can login to your Orcon Webmail account and send, reply to, forward, and delete emails.
Basics of Webmail
1. Log in to your Orcon Webmail by entering your email username and password. If you do not know your username or password, please get in touch with our team.
2. Check the 'I'm not a robot' checkbox and click Login to enter your emails. You may be asked to complete a reCAPTCHA and you can do this by selecting the appropriate images.
1. When you are logged into your Orcon Webmail, click Create a new message from the top left to open a new email.
2. Type in the email address of the person you're wanting to email in the To field. You can type in as many email addresses into this field as you desire. Separate each email with a comma.
3. Write the subject of your email in the Subject field.
4. In the large white box under Subject, type in the content of your email.
5. Click Send message to submit your email.
1. Choose the email you want to reply to and select the Reply icon . If you're replying to many recipients, select the Reply all icon .
2. Compose your email and select Send message. Note: When replying to an email, some of the fields in the email are pre-filled:
- The sender and any CCd emails will be in the To field.
- The subject will already be in the subject field with 'Re:' in the beginning.
- The original email will already be in the email response section. Compose your email in the space directly above the text.
1. Select the email you want to forward.
2. Select the Forward icon .
3. Type the recipient(s) into the To field. You can type in as many email addresses into this field as you desire. Separate each email with a comma.
4. Compose your email and select Send message.
Note: If you forward an email, some of the email's input fields are pre-filled:
- The subject will already be in the subject field with 'Fwd:' in the beginning.
- The original email will already be in the email response section. Compose your email in the space directly above this text.
1. Select the email(s) you want to delete. To select multiple emails, hold down the 'Ctrl' key while you select the emails.
2. Click the Delete icon .
Note: Deleted emails will go to the trash folder. You can recover deleted emails by moving them back to your inbox from the trash folder.
You can use Orcon Webmail to view and send emails, or use an email application. If you are using an email application, use these POP/SMTP or IMAP settings to configure your emails on your device.
- Username: This will be the first part of your email address, portion before the @ symbol. For example if your email address is email@example.com, your username would be rehkel.
- Name: This is the name you want to appear on your recipients email application when they receive an email from you. You can set it to your full name or your email address.
- Email address: Your complete Orcon email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Password: Your Orcon email password.
There can be simple reasons that can lead to the inability to access Orcon Webmail. We recommend going through this list and ensuring that you are logging in correctly.
- Ensure that you are entering only the first section of your email address in the Username field. For example if your email address is email@example.com, we would only enter rehkel.
- Ensure you are ticking the 'I'm not a robot' checkbox and completing the reCAPTCHA by selecting the appropriate images. The reCAPTCHA does disappear after 30 minutes.
- If you have reset your email password, it does take up to 30 minutes for the password to update in our system. Wait 30 minutes and then try logging in again.
If you complete these steps and are still experiencing issues logging into Orcon Webmail, please contact our team.
There are simple checks you can do that might help resolve this particular issue. Go through the checklist provided below and test to see if you can login.
- Ensure that your mailbox isn't 100%, if it is near 100%, please delete some emails. You can check your mailbox storage levels on the bottom left of your screen. If you are unable to delete emails, refer to the 'I can't delete my emails, what can I do?' section.
- Reviewing emails that have been marked as spam can help locate your missing email. To begin, click SpamTitan from your inbox view.
In the event that you are not receiving emails from a particular sender, please confirm with the sender if they receive an error message when attempting to you. If you continue to not receive emails from a particular sender, provide our team with 3 examples within a 24 hour period in the format provided below.
- Date and time of email:
- Email address of sender:
- Email address of receiver:
- Subject of email:
There are numerous reasons that may cause your inability to send emails. We recommend going through these checks and determining if you can send emails.
- Send an email to yourself by placing your full Orcon email address in the To field. If you did not receive this email after 10 minutes and your mailbox is not full, contact our team.
- Confirm if you are receiving an error message, an error message provides us with more information as to why this could be occurring. Example reasons can be the recipients mailbox is full, or your emails are being marked as spam by the receivers mail server.
- If you only experience issues emailing one particular email address and you are receiving no error messages, provide our team with 3 examples instances with the date & time, subject of the email and receiving and sending email addresses. We can then investigate further.
When an email mailbox is 100% full, we may come across issues in emptying our trash items folder, which can be resolved by adopting this alternative approach.
1. Click Settings and then choose Server Settings from the options underneath Section.
2. In the Server Settings section, check the "If moving messages to Trash fails, delete them" option and hit Save.
3. Once you have completed this, click Mail and choose the Trash folder from the left hand side. Select the gear icon from the bottom left and choose Empty.
reCAPTCHA protects Orcon email services and email accounts from spam and abuse. reCAPTCHA uses an advanced risk analysis engine and adaptive challenges to keep automated software from engaging in abusive activities on our customer accounts. It does this while letting our valid users pass through with ease.
We've added the reCAPTCHA service to the login section of our email platform to help protect your security. The service prevents automated systems from gaining access to your email account. That way your private information is kept private and you can avoid having nasties send lots of spam emails from your account (which, as well as being really annoying, can cause your email to become "Block-listed" and you'll be unable to send anything at all!).