How can we help?
- Factory Reset Fritz!Box 7490
- Setting Up Your Modem - Fritzbox 7490
- Modem Setup Guides
- Setting Up Your Modem - Netcomm NF18
- Setting Up Your Modem - Netcomm NF4V
- Wi-Fi Setup & Troubleshooting for Netcomm NF18
- How do I factory reset my modem?
- What can the USB port be used for on my Orcon modem?
- Setting Up Your Modem - NL1901 Business
- Setting up a non-Orcon modem
- See more
What can the USB port be used for on my Orcon modem?
Your Orcon-supplied modem may have a USB port. This can be used to share files on the local network (LAN) and access them from mobile and desktop devices within your home.
The USB port only supports external hard-drives and USB flash drives. It cannot not provide Internet connection between your PC and the modem.
To connect a storage device:
1. Go to your modem's settings page at 192.168.1.1 and enter the username and password. If you've forgotten your modem login details, these are located on the bottom of your modem.
2. Click on Advanced Setup on the left menu, then click Storage Services. If your USB device is compatible, it will be listed here.
3. Go to User Accounts from the left menu and add a new username and password so you can login to your shared USB device.
4. To access your USB files from your Windows computer, open any new folder and type \\192.168.1.1 in the address bar. You will then be prompted to enter your chosen login details.
If you have a Mac, go to Finder and click Connect to Server. Type in smb://192.168.1.1 and connect.
5. You should be able to access files on your shared USB storage device.
To restrict access to the attached USB device, follow this guide here.Was this article helpful?
Still Need Help?
Get in touch with our customer support team.Submit an Email
Still have questions?