Your Orcon-supplied modem may have a USB port. This can be used to share files on the local network (LAN) and access them from mobile and desktop devices within your home.
The USB port only supports external hard-drives and USB flash drives. It cannot not provide Internet connection between your PC and the modem.
To connect a storage device:
1. Go to your modem's settings page at 192.168.1.1 and enter the username and password. If you've forgotten your modem login details, these are located on the bottom of your modem.
2. Click on Advanced Setup on the left menu, then click Storage Services. If your USB device is compatible, it will be listed here.
3. Go to User Accounts from the left menu and add a new username and password so you can login to your shared USB device.
4. To access your USB files from your Windows computer, open any new folder and type \\192.168.1.1 in the address bar. You will then be prompted to enter your chosen login details.
If you have a Mac, go to Finder and click Connect to Server. Type in smb://192.168.1.1 and connect.
5. You should be able to access files on your shared USB storage device.
To restrict access to the attached USB device, follow this guide here.