How can we help?
- Factory Reset Fritz!Box 7490
- Setting Up Your Modem - Fritzbox 7490
- Modem Setup Guides
- Setting Up Your Modem - Netcomm NF18
- Setting Up Your Modem - Netcomm NF4V
- Wi-Fi Setup & Troubleshooting for Netcomm NF18
- How do I factory reset my modem?
- Setting up your own VDSL modem
- Setting up your own ADSL modem
- Setting up your own Fibre modem
- See more
Setting up your own Fibre modem
Once we've confirmed that your service is live, go ahead and plug in your fibre-capable modem—you should be up and running within a few minutes! If not, you'll need to configure the modem with the settings below.
If you've received any modem from BigPipe or Skinny, or have a Fritzbox from 2Degrees or Slingshot, you'll need to manually configure it regardless—it won't connect automatically.
If you have a MyRepublic modem, let us know and we'll see what we can do on our end.
Make sure the modem is configured with these settings:
- WAN Connection Type: DHCP (Automatic IP/Dynamic IP/IP over Ethernet)
- 802.1Q: Enabled
- VLAN ID (802.1Q): 10
- 802.1P (Priority): 0
- IP Version: IPv4 or IPv6
- MTU Size: 1492 or 1500
- NAT: Enabled
Get in touch if it doesn't work and we'll organise for one of our modems to be sent out.
Not on fibre?
Check out our other modem setup guides:Was this article helpful?
Still have questions?