How can we help?
Orcon Live Chat
Don't want to wait on the phone? Then Live Chat is for you!
Why Live chat?
- Quick and efficient responses to your questions
- Instant connection to a member of our team
- Option to request a transcript of your chat with our team member
- Rate your chat and leave a comment to help improve our overall customer experience
- Convenience. Don't worry about searching for contact numbers or waiting for an email response. Simply send us a live chat message for live interaction with our team.
How to Access Live Chat?
Simply click on the 'Help' button located on the bottom right to begin interacting with a member of our team.
Orcon Live Chat is currently operating Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm. If you need to contact us outside of these hours please fill in our contact form here.How do I add an authorised person to my account?
Adding an authorised person to your account
You can add an authorised person to your account by logging in to MyOrcon and following the steps below:
Step 1) Click on 'My Details'
Step 2) Click on 'Authorised People'
Step 3) Click on 'Add Authorised Person'
If you wish to remove an authorised person from your account, please follow Steps 1 – 2 and instead of clicking on ‘Add Authorised Person’, click on the ‘trash-can’ icon.
What can an Authorised Person do?
These people will be able to contact Orcon on your behalf and make changes to your account without you having to be present. These can include the following:
• Update contact details where a confirmation email will be sent to the account holder
• Update of payment method.
• Bill inquiry / dispute.
• Pay account.
• Ask for general information.
• Can request a refund if the payment came from them (the authorised person)
• Add services to the account that doesn’t come with a contract (i.e. homeline, mobile)
• Remove add-ons (i.e. calling packs, wiring insurance)
What can't an Authorised Person do?
• Request cancellation of services (i.e. broadband, homeline, mobile, power)
• Accept possible fault charges.
• Request a refund for a credit balance.
• Request any private information such as to see all the notes on the account.
• Request move of address
• Upgrade broadband connection
• Sign up for powerHow to setup your WiFi through MyOrcon
Changing your WiFi name or password via your MyOrcon app
If you’re lucky enough to be using one of our compatible modems (the Netcomm NF18 or Netcomm NF4V), you’ll be able to update your network name and password as many times as you like via MyOrcon on our website or in the MyOrcon app.
1. First things first, if you haven’t connected to the WiFi yet, find the WiFi settings on your device.
2. Select the WiFi network ‘Your new WiFi’ from the list.
3. Enter your WiFi password (refer to your WiFi access card included with your modem or check the bottom of your modem).
1. Download the MyOrcon app from the Apple Store or Google Play.
2. Log in (with your email address and password) and find ‘My WiFi’ in the right-hand menu
3. Enter a new network name and password for your WiFi
4. Press ‘Save’.
Note: you will have to update all your devices to the new network name and WiFi password.
Can't change the WiFi settings via your MyOrcon app?
Make sure you’ve connected your device to the modem via cable or WiFi before completing these steps.
- Open an internet browser and type in 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.20.1
- Enter the below user name and password:
Password: admin or the last six digits of your modem’s MAC address (all lower case), which you will find on the bottom of the modem
- Navigate to ‘Wireless’ in the left-hand menu.
- Select ‘2.4 GHz’ on the left-hand menu under ’Wireless’.
- Under ‘SSID’, enter your new WiFi name, then click ‘Save’.
- Click on ‘Security’ under 2.4 GHz in the left-hand menu.
- Under ‘WPA/WAPI passphrase’, enter a new WiFi password and click ‘Save’.
- Repeat the process from step 5 for the ‘5 GHz’ section. Make sure the WiFi name (SSID) and password are identical to the ‘2.4 GHz’ WiFi. Your devices will connect to the most suitable network automatically. ‘5 GHz’ is only available for NF18's.
How can I view my bill and usage?
If you’d like help setting up advanced features of the NF18 which Orcon does not support, click here to be taken to Netcomm's support page.
Viewing your bill
Your bill summary is e-mailed to your contact e-mail address every month.
You can also check your bill breakdown, and make a payment by logging into My Orcon using e-mail address and password. Here you can see your current balance, outstanding amounts. your latest bill, make a payment as well as find your current and predicted data usage, For more details, including previous bills, see My Bills under Billing on the left hand side menu.
Viewing your calling and data usage details
Detailed usage information is also available through My Orcon.
Follow the instructions to log in above - then on the left hand side, under Usage, you'll see Voice and Data. Click on either of them to view your current and previous usage.Top Tips - A quick overview of the useful stuff you can do onlineHi there! There’s lots of useful stuff you can do online – here’s a quick overview:How to check your bill/usage:To check this information, you can log in to ‘My Orcon’. On the main page, you'll see graphs summarizing your data usage and giving information such as your daily average data use, usage to date, total data and predicted usage based on current trend. Your billing information also appears on the main page showing your outstanding balance, past payments and links to where you can pay now or see your last invoice.How to do an online direct debit:Just log in to the ‘My Orcon’ section of the Orcon website and select 'Change Payment Method' under 'Billing' down the left. Click ‘Change Payment Method’ again and select 'Direct Debit' – easy!How to set up credit card payments:To change your payment method to credit card, log in to ‘My Orcon’. Click ‘Change Payment Method’ under 'Billing' > ‘Change Payment Method’. Then just follow the instructions to make a secure payment.How to change your plan online:If you want to change your add-ons or data cap you can use My Orcon Click on the Change Hub in the top menu and you can change whatever you like.How to set up voicemail on your home phone:Just dial 789 and follow the instructions. If this number doesn’t work, try calling 083210. For more information about our voicemail services, click here.How to reset your password:How do I login to MyOrcon?
How do I login to MyOrcon?
- Please click on the following link to access the MyOrcon login page.
- Enter your email address/username and password. The username will often be the email address which is linked to your Orcon account, and the email address you receive your monthly invoices.
- Click 'Login to My Orcon' to proceed. If you do not remember your password, click on the 'Forgot your Password?' button and a password reset email will be sent to your email address.
Get in contact with our friendly Customer Service team via our contact form if you're still unable to login, and our team will endeavour to respond to you as soon as they can.What can I do with MyOrcon?
MyOrcon is where you go to make any changes to your account or services. Here's what you can do:
View Balance: View your current Orcon balance. Previous month’s charges are also displayed on the graph in the centre of the page.
Pay Now: Make a credit card payment towards your balance
View Current Invoice: View a more detailed breakdown of your current month’s charges.
Payment Method: Set up an automatic credit card or direct debit payment.
Here’s where you can see what your plan includes, and what else you can sign up for through MyOrcon.
Current Plan: Details your current plan.
Add Ons: Details any additional services you have with us.
Family Filter: Choose to turn on or off Family Filter. More details about Family Filter can be found here.
See the amount of data or calling minutes you’ve used for any billing period you like.
Data: View the amount of data consumed. The graph shows the amount used per day and you can see average, total, and predicted usage.
Voice Calls: Just the same as the data! The graph shows your daily call times in minutes, your daily average calling usage, and total usage to date.
Here’s where you can see your personal details stored with us.
Contact Address: This is the address where we will send any letters or modems to.
Mobile: Your contact mobile number. We will use this to notify you of various things like the status of your account or an open fault.
Change Details: Here you can change your contact details.
Change Password: You can change the password to your My Orcon here [note - this will change the password you use to access MyOrcon]
My Notifications: View the emails and text messages we have sent you in the past.
Authorised Person: Add or remove authorised people to your account. These people will be able to contact Orcon on your behalf and make changes to your account without you having to be present
Here’s where you can change your plan and add ons to suit your needs.
Upgrade Speeds: This is where you can upgrade your broadband technology (i.e. from ADSL to Fibre) and/or upgrade your fibre speed.
Calling Packs: You can find our various calling packs we have on offer for your homeline here.
Wiring Insurance: This is where you can add wiring and maintenance onto your account.
Mobile Plans: Select one of competitively priced mobile plans we have on offer - you can bring over your existing mobile number as well!
Move House: You can order and transfer your existing Orcon services to your new address here.
Yes, we offer power at Orcon! You can find the 'Get Power' tab via the MyOrcon menu tab. Select your address, review the rates and submit your order.
Please double check your ICP number to ensure we connect you at the correct address.
If you are using one of our compatible modems (Netcomm NF18ACV or Netcomm NF4V), you will be able to update your network name and password as many times as you like.
This function can be found via 'My WiFi' on the menu tab.
Our Orcon supplied Netcomm NF18ACV modem has an inbuilt speed diagnostic tool, designed to measure your connection speed between your modem and our network.
This function can be found via 'Speed Test' on the menu tab.
Please note this should work on all ADSL/VDSL/Fibre connections.
Please email our friendly Customer Service Team via our contact form and they will be able to update any contact details such as phone numbers, email address or postal address for you.
Alternatively, you can log into MyOrcon if you wish to update your contact number.
- Click here to open the MyOrcon login page
- At the bottom of the page under 'My Details', click Change Details
- If you are on the MyOrcon app, click My Details via the menu tab.
Absolutely! You can request a plan change through our super simple plan change tool by logging in with your MyOrcon account here. This can handle most plan changes - for anything else you can contact us at https://www.orcon.net.nz/request_support.How can I download a copy of my invoice?
Saving a copy of your Orcon invoice is super easy! First off log in to MyOrcon and select "View Current Invoice" to view your latest invoice or select the drop down from "View Previous Invoice" to view past invoices.
You should now be looking at a copy of your invoice. If you scroll to the bottom of the page you'll see a little printer icon:
Give that a click and your web browser should pop up with some print options for you. You'll want to "print" the page as a PDF file. Depending on the type of browser you're using you may see some different options.
Select "Microsoft Print to PDF" and choose the location you'd like the file saved.
Select "Change" under the "Destination" section then select "Save as PDF" and choose the location you'd like the file saved.
Select "PDF" then "Save as PDF" and choose the location you'd like the file saved.
You now have a copy of your invoice saved as a PDF on your computer to do what you like with!How can I monitor my calling usage?
If you want to keep track of your calling usage, you can do so via My Orcon. There, you'll find summaries of your calling activity by type/country and your current charges (excl GST). Below that you can see a detailed list of each number called, time, date, duration, cost, amount saved etc.
If you have a Mobile calling bundle, the summary will tell you how many minutes you've used and charges will remain at $0.00 until you start going over your included minutes.
To find this information, log into My Orcon (click here), and select Voice from the left hand menu under Usage.
Genius Go customers: because Genius Go makes calls via your home phone, all calls appear as if they were made from your home phone line - so it's not possible to tell whether it was a Genius Go call or a Home Phone call.
Still have questions?