How can we help?
Orcon Live Chat
Don't want to wait on the phone? Then Live Chat is for you!
Why Live chat?
- Quick and efficient responses to your questions
- Instant connection to a member of our team
- Option to request a transcript of your chat with our team member
- Rate your chat and leave a comment to help improve our overall customer experience
- Convenience. Don't worry about searching for contact numbers or waiting for an email response. Simply send us a live chat message for live interaction with our team.
How to Access Live Chat?
Simply click on the Help button to begin interacting with a member of our team.
Orcon Live Chat is currently operating Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm, outside of these hours, click here to get in contact with us.How do I add an authorised person to my Account?
You can add an authorised person to your account by logging in to MyOrcon and following the steps below:
Step 1. Click on 'My Details'
Step 2. Click on 'Authorised People'
Step 3. Click on 'Add Authorised Person'
If you wish to remove an authorised person from your account, please follow Steps 1 – 2 and instead of clicking on ‘Add Authorised Person’, click on the ‘trash-can’ icon.
What can an Authorised Person do?
These people will be able to contact Orcon on your behalf and make changes to your account without you having to be present. These can include the following:
• Update contact details where a confirmation email will be sent to the account holder
• Update of payment method.
• Bill inquiry / dispute.
• Pay account.
• Ask for general information.
• Can request a refund if the payment came from them (the authorised person)
• Add services to the account that doesn’t come with a contract (i.e. homeline, mobile)
• Remove add-ons (i.e. calling packs, wiring insurance)
What can’t an Authorised Person do?
• Request cancellation of services (i.e. broadband, homeline, mobile, power)
• Accept possible fault charges.
• Request a refund for a credit balance.
• Request any private information such as to see all the notes on the account.
• Request move of address
• Upgrade broadband connection
• Sign up for powerHow to setup your WiFi through MyAccount
Change your Wi-Fi name or password with My Wi-Fi
If you’re lucky enough to be using one of our compatible modems (the Netcomm NF18 or Netcomm NF4V), you’ll be able to update your network name and password as many times as you like via My Orcon on our website or in the My Orcon app.
Connecting your Wi-Fi
- First things first, if you haven’t connected to Wi-Fi yet, find the Wi-Fi settings or network finder on your device
- Select the Wi-Fi network ‘Your new Wi-Fi’ from the list
- Enter your Wi-Fi password (refer to your Wi-Fi access card included with your modem).
If you want to give your Wi-Fi a sweet name or change your password, read on.
- Download the My Orcon app from the App Store or Google Play;
- Log in (with your Orcon account email and password) and find ‘My Wi-Fi’ in the right-hand menu
- Enter a new network name and password for your Wi-Fi
- Press ‘Save’.
Note: you’ll have to update your all your devices to the new network name and Wi-Fi password
Follow these instructions if using the app to change your Wi-Fi settings isn’t working.
Make sure you’ve connected your device to the modem via cable or Wi-Fi before completing these steps.
- Open an internet browser and type in 192.168.1.1
- Enter the below user name and password:
Password: the last six digits of your modem’s MAC address (all lower case), which you’ll find on the bottom of modem
- Navigate to ‘Wireless’ in the left-hand menu
- Select ‘2.4 GHz’ on the left-hand menu under ’Wireless’
- Under ‘SSID’, enter your new Wi-Fi name, then click ‘Save’
- Click on ‘Security’ under 2.4 GHz in the left-hand menu
- Under ‘WPA/WAPI passphrase’, enter a new Wi-Fi password and click ‘Save’
- Repeat the process from step 5 for the ‘5 GHz’ section. Make sure the Wi-Fi name (SSID) and password are identical to the ‘2.4 GHz’ Wi-Fi. Your devices will connect to the most suitable network automatically.
If you’d like help setting up advanced features of the NF18 which Orcon does not support, click here to be taken to Netcomm's support page.What does my plan include?
My Orcon is the simplest way of finding out what plan you're on. Log in with your Orcon details by clicking here and scroll down to the "Your Plan" section. You can even make changes to your plan by clicking the "Modify plan" button - sweet!How can I view my bill and usage?
Viewing your bill
Your bill is e-mailed to your preferred e-mail address every month. It includes a breakdown of your charges and a detailed PDF invoice.
You can also check your bill and make a payment by logging into My Orcon using e-mail address and password. Here you can see your current balance, outstanding amounts. your latest bill, make a payment as well as find your current and predicted data usage, For more details, including previous bills, see My Bills under Billing on the left hand side menu.
Viewing your calling and data usage details
Detailed usage information is also available through My Orcon.
Follow the instructions to log in above - then on the left hand side, under Usage, you'll see Voice and Data. Click on either of them to view your current and previous usage.Top Tips - A quick overview of the useful stuff you can do onlineHi there! There’s lots of useful stuff you can do online – here’s a quick overview:How to check your bill/usage:To check this information, you can log in to ‘My Orcon’. On the main page, you'll see graphs summarizing your data usage and giving information such as your daily average data use, usage to date, total data and predicted usage based on current trend. Your billing information also appears on the main page showing your outstanding balance, past payments and links to where you can pay now or see your last invoice.How to do an online direct debit:Just log in to the ‘My Orcon’ section of the Orcon website and select 'Change Payment Method' under 'Billing' down the left. Click ‘Change Payment Method’ again and select 'Direct Debit' – easy!How to set up credit card payments:To change your payment method to credit card, log in to ‘My Orcon’. Click ‘Change Payment Method’ under 'Billing' > ‘Change Payment Method’. Then just follow the instructions to make a secure payment.How to change your plan online:If you want to change your add-ons or data cap you can use My Orcon Click on the Change Hub in the top menu and you can change whatever you like.How to set up voicemail on your home phone:Just dial 789 and follow the instructions. If this number doesn’t work, try calling 083210. For more information about our voicemail services, click here.How to reset your password:How do I log into MyOrcon?
How do I login to MyOrcon Account?
- Please click on the following link to access the My Orcon login page.
- Enter your email address/username and password. Click 'Login to My Orcon' to proceed. If you do not remember your password, click on the 'Forgot your Password?' button and a automated password reset email will be sent to your email address.
Get in contact with our friendly Customer Service team via our contact form if you're still unable to login, and our team will endeavour to respond to you as soon as they can.What can I do with My Orcon?
My Orcon is where you go to make any changes to your account or services. Here's what you can do:
• View Balance: View your current Orcon balance. Previous month’s charges are also displayed on the graph in the centre of the page.
• Pay Now: Make a credit card payment towards your balance
• View Current Invoice: View a more detailed breakdown of your current month’s charges. You’ll also have the option to make a payment in this section
• Payment Method: Set up a reoccurring credit card or direct debit payment
Here’s where you can see what your plan includes, and what else you can sign up for through My Orcon.
• Current Plan: Details your current plan.
• Add Ons: Details any additional services you have with us.
• Family Filter: Choose to turn on or off Family Filter. More details about Family Filter can be found here
See the amount of data or calling minutes you’ve used for any billing period you like.
• Data: View the amount of data consumed. The graph shows the amount used per day and you can see average, total, and predicted usage. By clicking “Monthly” you can see averages across the year.
• Voice Calls: Just the same as the data page! The graph shows your daily call times in minutes and there are the average and total usage stats on the right.
Here’s where you can see your personal details stored with us.
• Contact Address: This is the address where we will send any mail too like invoices or modems.
• Mobile: Your contact mobile number. We will use this to notify you of various things like the status of your account or an open fault
• Change Details: Here you can change your contact details
• Change Password: You can change the password to your My Orcon here [note - this won't change your email password, just the password you use to access MyOrcon]
• My Inbox: View your Orcon mail inbox
• Authorised Person: Add or remove authorised people to your account. These people will be able to contact Orcon on your behalf and make changes to your account without you having to be present
Here’s where you can change your plan and add ons to suit your needs.
• Change Data: This is where you change the data allowance of your plan.
• National Calling Options: Here you can select from one of our pay monthly Calling Packs to both NZ and International landlines
• Landline Minutes to NZ Mobile Calling Options: Here you have more options for pay monthly calling packs; this time to NZ mobiles
• Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting: Here you can add the voicemail, caller ID, and call waiting servicesHow do I change my contact details or billing address?
The easiest way is to do this through My Orcon. You can update your phone numbers, email address, billing address and do much more!
- Click here to open the My Orcon login page
- At the bottom of the page, click Change Details
- Or, you can click Change Details under My Details on the left-hand menu.
- Simply select the tab for the details you want to change, and voila!
Alternatively, you can email us from the email address registered on your account at https://www.orcon.net.nz/request_support to have your details updated.
Your options for changing your payment method are detailed in your My Orcon account – Please log in by clicking here, and click Change Payment Method on the left hand side under Billing. Just follow the instructions from there.
Absolutely! You can request a plan change through our super simple plan change tool by logging in with your MyOrcon account here. This can handle most plan changes - for anything else you can contact us at https://www.orcon.net.nz/request_support.How do I set up a direct debit?It's easy!
- Log into My Orcon
- Click Payment Method on the right hand side of your screen underneath your account balance.
- Select Direct Debit and fill out the details then click submit .
Please see below on what the direct debit form will look like:
How do I set up, update or change a credit card payment?
You can change your payment method for your account to credit card, or update your credit card details online.
We accept Visa, Visa Debit Card, Mastercard, American Express and Diners.
To change your payment method, or update your credit card details, please follow these simple steps:
- Log-in to the MyOrcon section of the Orcon website using your username (your email address) and password.
- Click 'Payment Method' on the right-hand side underneath your account balance.
- Click on 'Credit Card'.
- Fill out the form and then click 'Save Details'
Please see below on what the credit card form will look like:
To make a one-off payment via credit card you need to:
- Log into My Orcon
- Under 'Billing', click 'Pay Bill'
- Enter the amount you want to pay, and click 'Proceed'
- Enter your credit card details and press Submit to confirm payment
Please note: When you register your credit card with us, a temporary $1 pre-authorisation hold is applied by our payment processing provider to ensure the credit card is valid. This hold is automatically reversed by your bank within a few days.
There is no charge against your account – but it will temporarily reduce your available credit card balance by $1 for the period that the hold is in place.How can I download a copy of my invoice?
Saving a copy of your Orcon invoice is super easy! First off log in to MyOrcon and select "View Current Invoice" from the right hand side of the page.
You should now be looking at a copy of your most recent invoice. If you scroll to the bottom of the page you'll see a little printer icon:
Give that a click and your web browser should pop up with some print options for you. You'll want to "print" the page as a PDF file. Depending on the type of browser you're using you may see some different options.
• Internet Explorer and Firefox
Select "Microsoft Print to PDF" and choose the location you'd like the file saved.
Select "Change" under the "Destination" section then select "Save as PDF" and choose the location you'd like the file saved.
Select "PDF" then "Save as PDF" and choose the location you'd like the file saved.
You now have a copy of your invoice saved as a PDF on your computer to do what you like with!How can I monitor my calling usage?
If you want to keep track of your calling usage, you can do so via My Orcon. There, you'll find summaries of your calling activity by type/country and your current charges (excl GST). Below that you can see a detailed list of each number called, time, date, duration, cost, amount saved etc.
If you have a Mobile calling bundle, the summary will tell you how many minutes you've used and charges will remain at $0.00 until you start going over your included minutes.
To find this information, log into My Orcon (click here), and select Voice from the left hand menu under Usage.
Genius Go customers: because Genius Go makes calls via your home phone, all calls appear as if they were made from your home phone line - so it's not possible to tell whether it was a Genius Go call or a Home Phone call.
You can check how much data you have used by logging into the My Orcon section of the website at any time, from anywhere with an Internet connection. It’s easy!
- Log in to 'My Orcon' using your Orcon username and password.
- On the main page you'll be able to see graphs of your daily averages, usage to date, total data and predicted usage based on current trend.
- If you would like more information, click on 'Current Plans' under the 'My Plans' down the left-hand side. Then click on the little grey 'Usage' button to the right.
- You can then see your usage for the current billing cycle, as well as your historic usage.
Please note: that there can be a delay of up to one hour in the usage meter being updated. Keep this in mind if you are concerned about exceeding your data limit.
Still have questions?