How can we help?
Bring my mobile number
Learn how you can keep your existing mobile number when you join Orcon mobile.
Transferring My Number
- Once you receive your SIM card, pop into your phone and activate it by calling 6886.
- Register your Orcon SIM card at My Orcon Mobile and create your new 4 digit pin.
- Login to your Orcon Mobile using your Orcon mobile number (on the small card that arrives with your mobile SIM) and the 4 digit pin code you created.
- Click the 'Transfer Your Number' option from the top.
- Complete the 'Transfer Your Number' form and click 'Confirm transfer'.
Frequently Asked Questions
Transferring mobile numbers across to our network takes 2-4 business hours from the time the request is successfully submitted.
For this section, enter the number you wish to keep (the number you wish to bring over to Orcon).
You can check this by reviewing your previous mobile plan details or by contacting your previous mobile provider.
Prepay customers: You can find your serial number on your old SIM card itself.
Account customers: You can find your account number by reviewing an invoice from your previous mobile provider.
If you are unable to find your old serial number or account number, we recommend contacting your previous mobile provider.
When you sign up for Orcon Mobile and port your existing mobile number over to us, it can result in an error where outbound calls display the correct mobile number however outbound SMS will display the original number from the SIM.Orcon Mobile International Calling and Standard Rates
This is a common experience with iPhones when the number on a SIM card is changed. The information below will help you resolve this. If you are experiencing this issue and are not using an iPhone or it is not resolved after the following troubleshooting please head over to our contact page here and we will help you out.
1. On the iPhone tap Settings
2. In the settings scroll down and tap Phone
3. Tap My Number
4. Enter the correct number (the number you have ported over to Orcon) and then tap Save
5. Restart the iPhone
SERVICE RATES Additional Minutes 20c per min Additional Texts 20c per SMS Overseas Texts 20c per SMS MMS 50c per MMS Voicemail Cost Free of Charge National Directory Assistance - 018 $1.00 per call International Directory Service - 64172 $1.80 per call Additional Data is only available through the purchase of an Add-on
COUNTRY RATES Canada, China, Hong Kong, India, Isle of Man, Singapore, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States of America 6c per min Australia, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Cambodia 25c per min Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Vanuatu 80c per min France, Indonesia, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Viet Nam, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bonaire, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Federal States Of Micronesia, Finland, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestinian Territory, Occupied, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Republic of the Congo, Reunion, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Togo, Tokelau, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, U.S. Virgin Islands, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe $1.39 per min Ascension Island, Australian Antarctic Territory, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cuba, Diego Garcia, Dominica, Easter Island, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Netherlands Antilles, Norfolk Island, North Korea, Saint Helena, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, Suriname, Timor-Leste, Wallis and Futuna $2.99 per min Seanet Maritime Communications AB - 88242, Ellipso - 8813, Deutsche Telekom - 88228, British Telecommunications plc - 88210, Iridium - 8816, Aicent Ltd. - 883110, MediaLincc Ltd. - 883100, SITA-Equant - 88223, Jasper Systems, Inc. - 88235, Telenor - 883120, Oy Cubio Communications - 88240, Ellipso - 8812, Globalstar - 8819, ONAIR N.V. - 88298, Asia Cellular Satellite - 88220, ANAC Satellite - 8578, Voxbone - 8835100, Jersey Telecom - 88236, Cable & Wireless - 88222, Telenor - 88299, United Arab Emirates Administration - 88216, Maritime Communications Partner - 88232, Ellipso - 88238, Reach - 88215, MTT Global Networks - 883140, Verizon - 88212, Intermatica - 88241, ANAC Satellite - 857, Iridium - 8817, Telespazio S.p.A. - 88213, TeliaSonera - 88224, Vodafone Malta - 88239, AT&T Mobility - 88237, Oration Technologies - 88233, Global Networks, Inc. - 88234, ICO - 8810, Inmarsat - 870, Singapore Telecom - 88230, ICO - 8811, Telekom Malaysia - 88231, Globalstar - 8818 $12 per min
No, all current Orcon Mobile plans are contract free.
You can check the plans here alternatively you can contact our friendly team at 0800 56 46 87.I can't get online or make a call from my mobile.
There are a few different reasons that you might be having an issue getting online or making calls on your mobile:
- You have run out of included Data or NZ and AUS minutes on your mobile plan
- If you’ve used all of the included data or minutes in your Orcon mobile plan, then you will need to purchase a top-up add-on to continue using the service for the month. We have instructions on how to top-up your plan here
- There is a problem with the site you're trying to access
- Try accessing a different site; if you're able to access other websites then it's likely that there is fault with the site that you're trying to access rather than with your Orcon mobile.
- There is a problem with the number you're trying to call
- Try calling the number from another phone, if the same problem occurs then it's likely that there is fault with the number that you're calling rather than with your Orcon mobile.
- There is a problem with your handset
- You will need to contact your mobile manufacturer for further assistance on issues related to your handset.
- There is a problem with your SIM card
- Head over to our contact page here and we will help you out. We can arrange to have a new SIM card sent out to you if you require one.
Most phones support call waiting and you can set this up yourself on your mobile.
For assistance setting up call waiting up on your mobile please refer to your mobile instruction manual.How do I set up caller diversion on my mobile?
Most phones support call diversion and you can set this up yourself on your mobile.
For assistance setting up caller diversion up on your mobile please refer to your mobile's instruction manual.How can I see my mobile bill?
Your mobile usage and plan details are available online 24/7 through our online self-service system at mobile.orcon.net.nz.
You will also be able to see your mobile base plan and top-up charges on your Orcon invoice, which can be found in your My Orcon section at www.orcon.net.nz.Does Orcon have a Mobile App?
You can do anything from checking your balance to changing your plan and a whole bunch of things in between!
How Can I Download it?
You can search the Android or Apple App stores for "My Orcon" or download directly from the links below:
I'm getting an error saying my device is incompatible when I try to download it?
- If you get this error, you need to check you gmail (or email) account settings to determine your account is an NZ based account or not. If you’ve set up your account to another country other than New Zealand (i.e. US, UK, Australia) you won’t be able to download the app.
I'm getting an error saying "Please try again later or call us on 0800 13 14 15"
There are a couple of reasons why this might come up:
- If you've entered the wrong username and password
- If our system has an issue accessing your account. Try logging on via "My Account"
- If you're trying to change your technology type (upgrading from ADSL to Fibre for instance) or trying to get onto a plan with more data. Our IT team are working on getting this fixed asap!
Once you have used the included data in your Orcon mobile plan you will not be able to exceed that limit or continue using the data connection unless you purchase a top-up add-on for the month.
- Please note that your data usage balances are tracked in real time so you’ll always know how much data you have remaining by login to your My Orcon.
- For information on how to purchase a data top-up add-on, visit the following FAQ here
An easy way to manage your data use is to enable Wi-Fi on your smartphone.
- For Android users, go to Settings - Wireless & network – Wi-Fi Settings.
- For iPhone/iPad users, go to Settings - Wi-Fi.
A common problem is having the speaker volume on your phone too low. You might be able to fix the problem simply by turning up the volume on your mobile. For help doing this have a look in your mobile's instruction manual.
If you've got the volume on your phone maxed out and you're still having trouble hearing let us know on our contact page here and we'll try and find out where the problem lies.I've lost my SIM card, how can I get a new one?
Simply give us a ring on 0800 56 46 87 and we'll have a new one sent out to you. Our SIMs are shipped from Auckland so if you live in the North Island it'll take 1-2 business days, if you live in the South Island it'll take 2-3 business days.Can I keep my phone number if I move to Orcon Mobile?
Yes absolutely – Your Orcon SIM will be dispatched with a new number and your plan details already loaded onto it. Once it has been activated (by popping it in your phone and calling 6896) you can port your number across to Orcon by visiting http://mobile.orcon.net.nz.
Complete the registration process and then log in and go to the “Port your number” page. Fill out the information required and submit the porting request. This will move your number from your current mobile provider or Orcon post pay SIM card onto your new prepay SIM card.
The porting process will take between 2 and 4 business hours to complete and means that you won't need to give everyone a new number - they can just continue to call and text your existing number. This is valid for any mobile number from any NZ network.Where do I find my phone's serial (IMEI) number?
At Orcon we run our mobile services over Spark's mobile network. To check if your mobile handset is compatible with our services you'll need to grab its IMEI number.
This number can be found under the battery on your mobile.
Also, on most phones, the IMEI number will be displayed if you enter:
The IMEI number is also known as the serial number and will be 15 digits long.
Once you've found your number enter it into Spark's Handset Compatibility Tool here and that should tell you whether or not your phone will work!How can I check my balance and usage on Orcon mobile?
Orcon mobile has a range of helpful ways you can track your remaining mobile minutes and data allowances from your Orcon Dollars add-ons.
You can check your remaining balances through the following methods:
- Visit mobile.orcon.net.nz to check your plan balances
- Call 6896 and follow the voice prompts to check your plan balances
- Press 1 for Your remaining balances, then;
- Press 1 to check your remaining minutes
- Press 2 to check your remaining texts
- Press 3 to check your remaining data
- Press 0 for main menu
In order to make international calls on Orcon mobile you will need to purchase the Roaming pack add-on, either online at mobile.orcon.net.nz, or calling 6896 for the voice menu.
This will give you minutes, texts and data that can be used towards ad hoc services such as:
- International calling. To check the calling rates for the destination you are ringing click here.
- Mobile browsing
Accessing your voicemail from your prepay Orcon mobile is free regardless of how long it takes.
- Dial 6898 from your mobile phone.
To listen to your messages press 1.
To change your settings press 9.
- To activate the answer service press 1
- To record or change welcome message press 2
- To record or change the answer service message press 3
- To set or change your entry code press 4
- To change the listening order press 5
- Allows you to play voicemail messages in order of oldest to newest, rather than newest to oldest
- To turn the date/time function on or off press 6 - Off by default
- “The date/time function is on/off”
- To activate / deactivate press 1
- For the settings menu press 9
- For the main menu press *
- For more information press 0
- For the main menu press *
To hear this menu again, press 0.
[Please Note] You'll have an option to record both an "Answer Service" message and a "Voicemail" message. If you select Answer Service the message you record will be played to your caller and the call will be disconnected. If you're wanting people to be able to leave you a message then record a Voicemail message instead.
Easy - simply dial 0197 before the number you're calling.Does Orcon Mobile have Global Roaming?
Global roaming is enabled by default. For most economic use of Orcon mobile while roaming you should purchase a roaming pack. These can be purchased at mobile.orcon.net.nz. For more information on casual rates while roaming take a look at the Roaming section on our Mobile Rates page here.Can I disable mobile data on Orcon Mobile?
Yes, you can do this in the settings section of your device. It is important to note that if you completely disable the 3G or 4G ability of your device, then it may not work correctly. Unused data included in your plan will continue to roll over to the next month, for a maximum of 12 months.
Yes you can! This service is available with Orcon mobile.
018 directory charges will require Cash Allowance.How much does mobile data cost on Orcon Mobile?
All Orcon mobile plans have a base amount of NZ roll over data. Once this data has been used for the month, you will need to purchase a data top-up add-on in order to continue using the service. For information on how to purchase a data add-on please visit the following FAQ here.
Please note that while unused data included in your base plan will roll over to the next month and be used before your new month’s data, unused data included in the top-up add-on will expire after 30 days.
To see more information on Orcon Mobile charges; please visit our website.Does it cost to receive a text message?
Not for most texts (e.g. from an actual person).
- The only text messages that you will be charged for receiving are those that contain a product/service that you have ordered (like a ringtone or mobile wallpaper).
- Charges for these vary and will be billed on your next invoice
These services will count towards your Cash Allowance add-on which will be required before you can use these services.How do I connect my phone to my wireless network?
Not all phones are created equal but to save you some time we've put together instructions for connecting Android and Apple devices below:
- Press the "Home" button, then "Apps" and navigate to "Settings"
- Under "Wireless and Networks", make sure "Wi-Fi" is turned on, then tap "Wi-Fi".
- Your phone will scan for available wireless networks (to re-scan tap the "Scan" button). Tap the network you want to connect to.
- Enter your wireless password and tap "Connect"
- Tap "Settings" then "Wi-Fi". Make sure it's switched on and you should see a list of networks.
- Tap the network you want to join, enter the password and tap "Join"
Both Android and Apple devices will have this little fella to show that you're connected to the wireless.
There might be a few different reasons for that you've been charged for a text message against your Cash Allowance when you have unlimited text messages with Orcon Mobile. Here are some common occurrences that a text will be charged and not included in your text add-on:
- The text may have been to enter a competition
- The text may have been a donation
- The text may have been a vote
- The text may have been sent to an international number
- The text may have been a multimedia message
By default any text messages that cost more than $0.20 is blocked on Orcon mobile.
Changing mobile plans with Orcon is super easy! You have a few options open to you.
- Visit mobile.orcon.net.nz to purchase an add-on or change plans
- Call 0800 56 46 87 to upgrade or sign up on new plan
Changing your plan will occur immediately and the new plan will be charged to your next Orcon invoice. Any unused minutes or data from your old plan will carry over to your new plan and will be used first. If unused they will expire at the same time your original plan was set to expire.I can't send a multimedia/MMS message.
You will need to ensure that your phone is capable of sending multimedia messages, and also that the phone you're sending the message to is capable of receiving MMS messages.
These services are not considered standard text messages and therefore they will require Cash Allowance to be topped up onto your account in order to use.
To configure your phone for multimedia messages, or for instructions on how you can send one from your phone, please refer to your mobile's instruction manual. The access point details that you will need are located here.I'm not receiving text messages
Before you call us, there's some basic troubleshooting you'll need to do:
- Firstly, get somebody to send you a test message - or even send an SMS to yourself!
- If you don't receive the messages, try turning your phone off and on again. You'd be surprised how often this 'fixes' most electronic issues!
- If you are still not receiving messages after trying these troubleshooting steps, please get in touch with us via our contact page here and we'll see what we can do to help.
We're really sorry to hear that you're thinking about cancelling. If there's something that you think we could do better to help you to stay then please let us know!
If you still want to cancel though, then you can do this by visiting mobile.orcon.net.nz, or by calling 6896 for the voice menu. Alternatively, please contact us via our contact page here and one of our friendly staff will assist you with closing your account.
When you cancel, your mobile services will cease at the end of your current plan period and your current Orcon mobile number will be lost. After 14 days any roll over data you have accumulated will expire.
If you change your mind on cancelling you can log back in to mobile.orcon.net.nz and purchase a new plan bundle to re-activate.
In order to make international calls from your Orcon mobile you will need to purchase the Roaming packs. This add-on is a one off charge that will give you minutes, texts and data that can be used on ad-hoc services like international calling. It will be charged to the Orcon invoice following its purchase.
Once the add-on has been purchased simply dial out like you would from your home phone - don't forget to enter in the country code of the country you're calling though!
Still have questions?