How can we help?
Moving house can be stressful but it's easier with our dedicated team. We're here to help you move or answer any questions you have about your move. You can also order services for your new address directly through our new move house tool in MyOrcon.
• Move House Team phone number: 0800 89 34 96
○ Available Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 9:00pm
○ Available Weekends from 9:00am to 5:30pm
○ Available Public Holidays from 9:00am to 5:30pm
• Email: [email protected]
You need to know
Moving your services to a new address can take up to 7 days or longer, so please make sure you call Orcon as early as possible!
If you're in touch with the previous tenants of your new place, make sure that they've organised to move their services to their new address or have their services cancelled as soon as possible. If they haven't, this can slow down your connection.
If you're moving to a different exchange (generally the case if you're moving a different suburb) then your phone number will probably change.
• The Orcon representative who assists you with your call will discuss service and pricing availability at your new address.
Moving house is a great time to update your broadband plan - let's make sure that you're on the best plan for you! In order to provide our customers with the best possible deals we are constantly looking for new offers. This means from time to time we retire old plans and when you move house these legacy plans may no longer be available.
We need to know
• Where you're moving to
○ We need you to be as specific as possible, especially in right-of-way or multiple dwellings (like apartments).
○ Please note that billing addresses may at times differ from the legal description of your address, and in these instances, Orcon may need to contact you for more information.
○ Please note that if you're moving from a fibre area to a non-fibre area there may be additional charges if you are still in a contract at your previous address.
• The date you're moving.
• An alternative contact phone number for you; preferably your mobile.
• Whether or not you want your new details to appear in the White Pages.
What are the costs?
If you are moving into a house that is fibre ready, but are waiting for installation, it may be possible for you to take up a temporary ADSL connection whilst you wait for fibre to be installed
Head on over to our Contact page here should you require any other assistance.Is there a charge for moving house?
Orcon will cover the standard installation costs associated with moving house in return for a 12 month contract on broadband.
If you are currently on a Fibre (UFB) connection and you move house, please select Ultra-Fast Broadband (UFB) if available at your new address (ADSL while you wait is available), otherwise you'll be required to pay the termination fee if you're in a contract.
If you are moving into a brand new property or the home phone hasn’t been connected at the house in a while, then there may be an additional wiring or set up fees - see here for details. We'll let you know in advance if any installation costs crop up during the process.
You can discuss the move house process and options in more detail with our Move House team at https://www.orcon.net.nz/request_supportWhat's involved if I'm moving into a brand new property?
There may be additional charges involved if this is a brand new house which we will notify you about during the connection process. As long as the initial phone wiring is complete then there should be no problem with getting you connected. A move generally takes up to 5-10 working days.
An explanation of installation fees is available here.
The services that we can offer at your new property depends on availability - sometimes the service that you're on at one property isn't available at another. In addition, if you're on one of our older plans that we no longer offer we will need to set you up with a new one, these are often better plans that give you more data for a similar price.
Please contact us at https://www.orcon.net.nz/request_support with your new address and we will be happy to check what services and plans we can offer you.What do I do if I have UFB and I need to move house?
Please contact us via our contact page here, email [email protected] or visit orcon.net.nz/myorcon. If Fibre (UFB) is already installed at your new address we’ll be able to connect you straight away with Fibre, otherwise we’ll need to connect you with ADSL or VDSL while we wait for Fibre (UFB) to be installed (if available).
Please try to give us at least 7 days notice of your move and if you agree to a 12 month contract we’ll cover the installation costs.
What services are available at my new house?
Some awesome services might now be available (like Fibre) or some current services may not be available. Give us a call or send us an email and let us know your new address so we can tell you what’s on offer.
Do I have to change to a new plan when moving house?
In order to provide our customers with the best possible deals we are constantly looking for new offers. This means from time to time we retire old plans and when you move house these legacy plans may no longer be available.
Can I keep my number?
Occasionally your phone number may have to change. Unfortunately numbers are not always transferable to the new address and we may need to assign you a new home phone number.
When moving house, we'll always do our best to move your current phone number with you.
The way phone numbers are moved when changing addresses means there will be instances where we won’t be able to do so; this means we can’t guarantee your number until you’re connected.
To get an idea of whether or not you’ll be able to keep your phone number, see which of these apply to you:
- Are you changing local calling area? If so, then you won't be able to keep your number. This includes moving within your current city or district e.g. from Pukekohe to Auckland central, from Kapiti to Wellington, or from Christchurch to Rangiora
- Are you moving within your local calling area? Then you can probably keep your number. If you're an LLU or Orcon Genius customer, then in the vast majority of cases we can move your phone number over without a hitch. However, if you're not a Genius or LLU customer, then it can be trickier to keep your number, depending on the exchange you'll be connecting to.
In either case, we'll try to keep your existing phone number by default, but we can't guarantee what your number will be until the technician has connected you at the exchange.
If you're unsure or would like further information, please contact us at https://www.orcon.net.nz/request_support and we can help clarify this for you.
Still have questions?