For best results:
- Close all background applications and any open web browsers or tabs.
- Turn off Wi-Fi and connect only one laptop or PC via ethernet cable to the modem and unplug any other devices connected to the modem while testing the speeds.
- Testing on Wi-Fi will reduce the speeds, especially for devices which are far.
- Make sure the PC/Laptop you are using is Gigabite capable.
- The ethernet cables used during testing should be CAT5E or above as CAT5E would negotiate at 1000Mbps however, CAT6 would be more reliable for long distance.
- Open linetest.nz
- Choose the nearest Vocus server, i.e., Auckland or Christchurch.
- Repeat the test a couple of times to get an average speed.